Thanksgiving is next week, can you believe it? Many people look forward to this time of year because of the amazing food. There are many delicious desserts that we get to enjoy only during the holiday season!
If you are not a huge fan of the same turkey and stuffing every year, endless pumpkin pies, and green bean casserole, then this list is for you! We have put together a list of unique, unexpected, and just plain weird Thanksgiving dishes that you can try out!
1. Turducken - This is a chicken, stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey. If you can't decide between which type of fowl you should serve this year then you could just serve all 3! Go big or go home? Here is a recipe if you'd like to try it.
2. Pumpkin Cheesecake - Can't decide if you have pumpkin pie or cheesecake for dessert? Have both! This recipe is especially good for anyone who isn't a big fan of traditional pumpkin pie. Here is a recipe for it!
3. Thanksgiving Cake - If you don't like your food groups to touch, skip this one. This cake includes every holiday dish you might serve and combines them into one big dish. It has turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. Check out the recipe here if you are brave enough to try it.
4. Pumpkin Apple Pecan Pie - Yup, another recipe where we combine different foods into one. This one isn't as scary as the Thanksgiving Cake though. This pie is perfect if you are tired of plain old pumpkin pie, or apple pie. Give it a try here.
5. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted Caramel - If you would like a dessert that looks a bit fancier than pie then this one is for you. It also doesn't require any baking! Check it out here.
Thanksgiving is a holiday built on tradition, but if you're ready to try something new there are tons of unique ideas out there that you can try! Who knows, you might end up creating a new tradition in your family!